Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Biggest Challange as a Future Teacher

For the past three days in PEAT we have watched the movie Beyond the Blackboard. The movie itself is emotional and inspirational. After watching the movie, I understood that every teacher, no matter the situation has to face challenges. These challenges can differentiate from the students to the school itself. Therefore, I'm going to discuss my challenges I think I will face when I have my own classroom.
(click here to read the prompt) 

The day I was certain I was going to be a teacher in the future was in 3rd grade. Ms. Aguirre was always excited to see us and would teach us until we knew how to do it ourselves. My inspiration didn't stop there; in my freshman year I had Ms. Keany as my algebra teacher. Being in her class made my passion for teaching flourish. Each teacher has faced different challenges with the school, students, parents, etc.

As I think about my future I have assumed that I will face challenges with becoming a teacher.
One of the challenges that I have feared is not being able to get students engaged in to the learning. If I can't get the student to understand the lesson then he/she will struggle finding answers. The student will loose interest in learning and will stop working. To limit this, I will give students a warm-up to that uses a mix of collaboration and competition. Another way is to let the students write down their questions or a quick write from the lesson they have learned. This method will let the student know where they need help, which then the teacher will have a discussion of the questions written down. If the teacher has a discussion then the student will be attentive to what the teacher is saying.

My second challenge is time management from school, planning lessons, and my personal life. Time management is still a skill I need to master. If I can't manage my time at school or at home them both places will be chaotic. I might mix up the class schedule, or give the wrong lesson plan on the wrong day. In the students and parents perspective, I seem messy and incapable to educate a classroom.They will soon lose respect towards me because I lost their papers or because I can't stay after school. To become more organized with my time I will start having a routine and keeping school and personal life in two separate piles. Another way to master my time management in the classroom is to have the activities, or worksheets out before the students come in. Reminders about the next day also help me and the students. If I forget to collect homework, hopefully, a student will remind me.

Here is a video of challenges teachers face.
Teacher Interviews: Classroom Challenges



No comments:

Post a Comment